Directly supports health plan clients with day-to-day needs and project requests. The Account Executive provides insight, guidance and recommendations to clients based on reviewing client reporting, industry trends, plan designs and more. In addition, the position supports Government Programs initiatives, along with a Government Programs subject matter expert, and requires knowledge of how to support Medicare Part D, Medicaid and Exchange lines of business. Lead or support special projects/programs that are requested by clients.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Manage day-to-day PillarRx responsibilities of assigned Clients
- Deliver reporting to Clients on the agreed upon schedule or ad hoc as needed
- Create quarterly presentations and deliver the information to the Clients either through an on-site forum or via a conference call
- Use internal resources or experience to identify any strategic or process improvement opportunities for Clients
- Manage the assigned Client tasks and projects using the PillarRx project management tool and coordinate with internal team members to fulfill client requests as well as deliver task/project log to client for review
- Participate in regularly scheduled Client conference calls and meetings as necessary
- Support PBM oversight initiatives, including performance guarantees and discount reconciliations
- Manage new PBM implementations, new programs and facilitate the resolution of PBM operational issues
- Manage and assist in coordinating PBM, Specialty Pharmacy and other pharmacy vendor RFPs or RFIs
- Managing other large project initiatives, as identified through the Client strategic planning sessions
- Support Clients with Government Programs including Medicare Part D, Medicaid and Exchange
- Other duties as assigned
- Planning/organizing—prioritizes and plans work activities effectively with excellent time management skills
- Interpersonal skills—culture is very important within the PillarRx organization. This individual must be a team player as well as an independent contributor. The expectation is to share a positive, collaborative and helpful demeanor to all fellow teammates and clients
- Written and Oral communication—excellent communication skills is required in this role to effectively communicate to clients and fellow coworkers. Written and verbal communications must be professional and understandable by the audience with a high degree of recognition of how to best convey the message
- Problem solving—must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner through analyzing the information provided or researched as needed
- Quality control—must exercise due diligence to be as accurate and thorough as possible in completing all work requests, projects and initiatives
- Adaptability—adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to handle frequent change, delays or unexpected events
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-6 years’ experience in consulting prescription benefits, pharmacy health plan department role or Account Management for a PBM, etc.
- 1-3 years’ experience in government programs, e.g. Medicare Part D, Medicaid and Exchange
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time for client meetings, internal meetings, sales meetings and/or conferences
- CPhT credentials
Physical Requirements Necessary on a Regular Basis:
- Manual dexterity, arm and upper body range of motion sufficient for use of a keyboard, mouse and telephone 7-8 hours per day.
- Speech and hearing sufficient for in-person and telephone communication 7-8 hours per day.
- Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor.
- Ability to sit at a desk 7-8 hours per day.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties of the position listed above. Other appropriate duties may be required from time to time