SQL Reporting Specialist
Purpose: Supports standard pharmacy benefits program monthly and quarterly reporting for all clients as needed. Assists with providing analytical support through observations in the metrics reported and provides that to the Account Management team members for specific clients. Collaborates with the Account Management team to further research metrics found within the reporting and talking through observations and what opportunities or concerns those facts present. May need to support the Account Management team in directly supporting their clients if reporting questions are asked and/or if reporting metrics need further explanation. Assist with ad-hoc reporting requests, analytical projects, RFP opportunities and other types of client reporting needs as requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete monthly and quarterly reporting accurately and timely on behalf of the PillarRx clients
Complete ad-hoc reporting requests and projects as needed
- Identify areas of improvement or enhancement that could elevate the PillarRx reporting suite
- Support the Account Management team with observations within the reporting metrics and collaborate to bring explanations and further research to those observations to discover opportunities and/or concerns
- Assist with continually enhancing and building out the user reporting interface with new reports, visuals and functionality for both internal users and clients
- Support internal projects for enhancing in-house functionality surrounding the PillarRx reporting capabilities
- Other duties as assigned
Planning/organizing—prioritizes and plans work activities effectively with excellent time management skills
- Interpersonal skills—culture is very important within the PillarRx organization. This individual must be a team player as well as an independent contributor. The expectation is to share a positive, collaborative and helpful demeanor to all fellow teammates and clients
- Written and Oral communication—excellent communication skills is required in this role to effectively communicate to fellow coworkers and potentially clients. Written and verbal communications must be professional and understandable by the audience with a high degree of recognition of how to best convey the message
- Problem solving—must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner through analyzing the information obtained through reporting metrics and further research as needed
- Quality control—must exercise due diligence to be as accurate and thorough as possible in completing all work requests, projects and initiatives
- Adaptability—adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to handle frequent change, delays or unexpected events
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
3-6 years’ experience in reporting within the healthcare industry including consulting prescription benefits, pharmacy health plan department role or reporting for a PBM, etc.
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills, especially Excel
- Proficient in SQL query
- Experience with reporting interface tools, e.g. Power BI, Qlikview, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree (business related)
Physical Requirements Necessary on a Regular Basis:
- Manual dexterity, arm and upper body range of motion sufficient for use of a keyboard, mouse and telephone 7-8 hours per day
- Speech and hearing sufficient for in-person and telephone communication 7-8 hours per
- Vision sufficient for use of a computer
- Ability to sit at a desk 7-8 hours per