Summary: Responsible for the attraction, retention, selection, training, assessment and rewarding of team members, while also overseeing organizational leadership and culture, and ensuring compliance with employment and labor laws.
Essential Duties and Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Recruiting and interviewing
- Staffing of temporary positions and negotiate staffing company fees
- Conduct new teammate orientation
- Maintain job descriptions, ensuring FLSA and Brown & Brown standards are met
- Conduct exit interviews
- Initiate Worker’s Compensation Claims
- Assist Team Leaders with performance review process
- Counsel teammates and team leaders on performance management and other escalated issues
- Maintain teammate files
- Perform benefit administration, including communications benefit information to employees and processing changes within a timely manner.
- Advise teammates and team leaders on leave of absence procedures
- Follow federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and adhere to company policies
- Process bi-weekly and monthly payroll
- Oversee time card maintenance and ensure wage and hour compliance
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar position
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS REQUIRED ON A REGULAR BASIS:
- Manual dexterity, arm, and upper body range of motion sufficient for use of a keyboard, mouse and telephone 7-8 hours per day.
- Speech and hearing sufficient for in-person and telephone communication 7-8 hours per day.
- Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor.
- Ability to sit at a desk 7-8 hours per day.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties of the position listed above. Other appropriate duties may be required from time to time.